The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/the-question-of-what-and-who-is-likely-to-have-an-17769238.aspx

Subject:  Re: Another take on Hocus questions Date:  9/1/2002  11:55 AM
Author:  joelxwil Number:  76292 of 883083

The question of what and who is likely to have an emotional response to someting is interesting.

However, it is more important to ask what is the correct response. I certainly have a lot more money now than I would have had if, since the first of the year, for example, I had been long index funds or just about any mutual fund you could mention. I have made the mistake of not shorting long enough or with enough money, but that is a mistake I intend to learn from.

Right now, 40% HSGFX, 40% DIGFX, and 20% cash looks pretty good, although I intend to put some of that cash into some corporate bond funds shortly. That is about 20% more money than if I had been in an index fund since the beginning of the year.

Going to cash, certain bond funds, and a hedged equity fund, was not an emotional response, but emotionally I feel pretty good about it.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us