The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Political Asylum

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-think-it-is-the-duty-of-moderate-muslims-to-look-18041848.aspx

Subject:  Re: We have a winner! Date:  10/24/2002  11:34 AM
Author:  exwa Number:  199710 of 2333762

I think it is the duty of moderate muslims to look around their communities and try hard to detect sleepers amongst them

================

What do you want me (us) to say? Of every Muslim I know, I know none who I believe would do anything to harm anyone else. Would it make everyone feel better if we just randomly reported people we simply don't like? Or maybe only the ones who look funny? The truth of the matter is that these guys don't exactly announce themselves. They don't stand up in the masjid and say 'I'm going to commit such and such terrorist act. Anyone want to help me?'

But have no fear...the government probably already has planted spies in every masjid, so if anyone does this they will know right away.

What you, and everyone else needs to understand, is that it is not as simple as 'being vigilant.' Muslims 'being vigilant' would not have prevented 9/11...since those who would have let the authorities know didn't know a thing.

e

(I will report anyone I come across who I have reason to suspect might be up to no good, but then they already know that, so they'll make sure I (and others like me) don't find out.)
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us