The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Products & Services / Online Banking

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-make-deposits-at-atms-all-the-time-i-have-made-18093879.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: ATM Deposits Date:  11/3/2002  11:15 AM
Author:  GoCowboys Number:  17682 of 24361

I make deposits at ATMs all the time. I have made hundreds of ATM deposits at Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Bank One, and not one mistake has ever been made. I write my name, account number, and deposit amount on the envelope, even if there is no pre-printed places for this information.

I can understand why some people would be hesitant to make ATM deposits. However, I can only go on my experiences.

I have emailed Bank of America, asking them what safeguards are in place to prevent employee theft when opening, counting, and posting ATM deposits. I will post the answer when I get it.

They did tell me, however, that ATM deposits are covered by Regulation E. This is good to know in case something happens, but I want to know what procedures are in place to make sure something doesn't happen in the first place.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us