The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: childcare credit Date:  11/7/2002  9:37 AM
Author:  MarleysGhost Number:  61956 of 129421

Ok, this may be the applicable section from IRS Publication 503 (page 6)...

"What is not earned income? Earned income does not include pensions or annuities, social security payments, workers' compensation, interest, dividends, or unemployment compensation. It also does not include scholarship or fellowship grants, except amounts paid to you (and reported on Form W-2) for teaching, research, or other services."

Note the specific mention of the W-2 form.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us