The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / BBQ, Art of, Fun(ky), The

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hey-lydia-so-dear-qheads-youre-not-buying-18328279.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Final Story on the Santa Project Date:  12/22/2002  11:36 AM
Author:  blford Number:  14575 of 84726

Hey Lydia,

So dear QHeads, you're not buying turkeys. What Cynthia said is that these children never get really fresh food. So she is taking the funds that I'm overnighting and, in addition to the turkeys and goods that bookgrrl delivers, she is buying fresh fruits and produce for the holiday meals they provide for upwards of 3000 people.

I am so very humbled by that thought.

I hope you are all ok with this. Somehow, the mental vision I have of these kids with fresh crunchy apples, succulent oranges and healthy fresh veggies along side the roasted turkeys - well, to my mind it's a beautiful picture.

I am continually in awe of the Power of Love. As I told one donor in an email, it never fails to amaze me how I learn one lesson over and over:

It is, indeed, so much more rewarding to give.

ßÐ

That is VERY OK with me. I didn't contribute to this cause with strings attached. All I wanted to do was help someone. The people in Chicago that are doing this know better than I what the people they're helping need. If they've got enough turkeys and can buy some extra food such as fresh fruit and veggies, then I sure hope they do.

What you have done by volunteering to collect the monies and send it to Chicago was very nice Lydia and for that I thank you.

I've been keeping my family updated on what's been happening and they too are proud of all of y'all and what you've done. I would have been happy to see the original goal of $300 met, but having come up with over $1400 is just amazing. I already knew y'all had big hearts, but this just proves that the power of love is truly a strong motivator and it's what makes this wonderful world of ours go 'round.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all of y'all and your loved ones!!!

ßillƒ
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us