The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / BBQ, Art of, Fun(ky), The

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/that-is-very-ok-with-me-i-didnt-contribute-to-18328348.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Final Story on the Santa Project Date:  12/22/2002  11:57 AM
Author:  3blackdogs Number:  14576 of 84730

That is VERY OK with me. I didn't contribute to this cause with strings attached. All I wanted to do was help someone. The people in Chicago that are doing this know better than I what the people they're helping need. If they've got enough turkeys and can buy some extra food such as fresh fruit and veggies, then I sure hope they do.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Bill. I had hoped that everyone would have that reaction - but I was concerned that the QHeads had turkeys in the gunsights.....and especially because dear Chez spent so much of his time (and $$) on long-distance calls, chasing down store managers, institutional food purveyors and so forth in search of the elusive bargain basement turkey!

But I think all his hard work is not for naught, bookgrrl has been working closely with Cynthia at the church to coordinate the buying and delivery of turkeys. I spoke again to Cynthia yesterday morning, and she is waiting till Monday to buy the perishables - they don't have that much storage space to begin with, and by holding off, the fruits and veggies will still be fairly fresh for the holiday (and hopefully the price will be lower.)

Bookgrrl always posts a Santa Project Summary after the event. I'll keep an eye out for it and make sure to put a link up to her post.

....Oh, and I almost forgot, the final final total went up to $1485....

It sure was fun buying a money order so large, the post office clerk had to break it into two separate orders.. :-))!!

ßÐ
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us