The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / BBQ, Art of, Fun(ky), The

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/the-qheads-had-turkeys-in-the-gunsightsand-18328419.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Final Story on the Santa Project Date:  12/22/2002  12:15 PM
Author:  chezjohn Number:  14578 of 84725

the QHeads had turkeys in the gunsights.....and especially because dear Chez spent so much of his time (and $$) on long-distance calls, chasing down store managers, institutional food purveyors and so forth in search of the elusive bargain basement turkey!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hay Y'all ~ Merry Christmas!!

Yo, I share Bill's sentiment that the cash should be used for whatever they need the most. I went after turkeys and hams because that's what bookgrrl's original post indicated they needed the most. Since hams are more expensive than turkeys...I pounded the grocery stores for bargain prices on turkeys....but when I approached the foodservice companies for food donations...I asked for hams, and frozen vegetables...in addition to turkeys.

I have no way of knowing if any of the institutional foodies donated any turkeys/hams....but...the fact that the money is being used to buy other stuff, i.e., fruit, veggies, etc....indicates to me that perhaps one or more of them did indeed donate some meat. To feed 3,000 people will take approximately 300 turkeys (depending on their size)...

So...where did these 300 turkeys/hams come from??

Chez
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us