The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / BBQ, Art of, Fun(ky), The

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/so-dear-qheads-youre-not-buying-turkeys-what-18329350.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Final Story on the Santa Project Date:  12/22/2002  5:46 PM
Author:  voelkels Number:  14584 of 84730

So dear QHeads, you're not buying turkeys. What Cynthia said is that these children never get really fresh food. So she is taking the funds that I'm overnighting and, in addition to the turkeys and goods that bookgrrl delivers, she is buying fresh fruits and produce for the holiday meals they provide for upwards of 3000 people.

I am so very humbled by that thought.

I hope you are all ok with this. Somehow, the mental vision I have of these kids with fresh crunchy apples, succulent oranges and healthy fresh veggies along side the roasted turkeys - well, to my mind it's a beautiful picture.

Sounds reeel good to me, Lydia. I war at da local Sav-A-Center today and day had a big pile of dem Loosiana satsumas, you know dem sweet seedless tangerines dat some folks call mandarin oranges, fo sale at 8 for a buck. I was tempted to buy some more but we still gots 15 or 12 on da counter when day 10 for a buck last week. I wish dere were a way to ship a couple of thousand of dem up to Chi town fo dem kids to munch out on. ;-)

C.J.V.

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us