The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/does-your-family-life-suffer-from-your-dedication-18354693.aspx

Subject:  Re: REHP--One Big Happy Family Date:  12/30/2002  3:25 PM
Author:  hocus Number:  88182 of 888851

Does your family life suffer from your dedication to truth, justice, and the American way?

Since you asked, yes it does. I don't do this for entirely altruistic reasons, however.

I am writing a book on the subject of how to achieve financial independence early in life. When the book is published, I am going to have to appear on interview programs to promote it. There is a chance that I will be asked two or three years from now "Weren't you a regular poster to that Motley Fool discussion board that was giving out false information on safe withdrawal rates that caused so many retirements to go bust?"

If that question is asked of me, I want to be in a position to give a response that comes off better than "well, yeah, but it was so difficult to stand up to the guy who was making the misleading statements that I just thought it best to take a pass."
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us