The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/wow-thanks-for-the-great-help-guys-i-feel-like-18418765.aspx

Subject:  Re: Income surge: withholding + quarterly pymts Date:  1/12/2003  5:11 PM
Author:  xraymd Number:  62981 of 131097

Wow, thanks for the great help, guys - I feel like I now have a far better handle on expected tax obligations. In response to Lorenzo's post - I am DONE with residency! (Though I was known to make lengthy posts even while still in training.) What you say about the hours is ALL TRUE and despite the government crackdown on residents' hours, I will believe in the compliance by the training programs only when I see it. In fact, the reason I am moonlighting as I have been is that I have not been in any huge hurry to get back into the schedule of a practicing physician. Graduated June 30, 2002, spent the next 7 weeks studying fiendishly for my boards (and passed, HOORAY!), took a month off then started moonlighting October 1, 2002 in earnest.

Only now am I ready to resume full speed ahead. It's been nice, though, finally working fewer than 100 hours a week...

Thanks again for your superb and immediately useful assistance. It is immensely appreciated!

xraymd
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us