The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / General Motors Community

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/new-gm-hybrids-18420311.aspx

Subject:  New GM hybrids Date:  1/13/2003  4:41 AM
Author:  clickhiker Number:  2518 of 7023

I'm wondering if any of you good GM posters might know who is going to be supplying the electric motor parts to the new hybrid vehicles to be offered down the road (Chevy Equinox, Silverado, Malibu, Saturn Vue, etc.). The old Precept had UQM motors providing the electricity, but no articles I find indicate other than ParadiGM Hybrid-Electric System as providing the "revolutionary" designs. Are they borrowing UQM's designs with modification? Or are these all General Motors techonolgy? Is UQM going to be a supplier, or are they going to license use of their designs? Any information or guidance would be most appreciated. All the articles I can find either omit by design or ignorance. I've been watching UQM (AMEX) for some time and thought (perhaps in error!) that when GM began hybrid production, UQM would begin to show some lustre, but the stock has been mired in a trading funk that seems to show no letup. They have several defense related projects they are involved with including a Hummer hybrid. Thanks!
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us