The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Fool Community Help Desk / The Feste Award

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/a-witness-working-in-another-office-within-the-18666009.aspx

Subject:  Re: Break-in at Fool HQ Date:  2/28/2003  3:35 PM
Author:  MichaelRead Number:  1280 of 4296

A witness, working in another office within the building, was reported to have heard a man screaming "If I can't have the Feste Award Third Class with Palm Clusters then NOBODY gets to find out about those Feste winners!" as he ran from the scene.

LQueiros

I most strenuously deny any connection with the recent break-in at TMF HQ and have an iron-clad alibi: I was home alone while Elly was out shopping. I have the receipts to prove it.

I was NOT the one that raided TMF and to insinuate that I broke into the offices using a tire iron, a pry bar, two hammers and a steel wedge to get into the building is false. Also, if I did not know the code, 346732, for opening TMF's main office door how then could I have opened it?

I also vigorously deny that the paddle used to open the files draws is mine and that the initials MBR on it stand for Marine Biology Research. The palm fronds are not mine either since they cause a rash when I wear them.

This canard must be quashed now! I was not The Midnight Skulker, no way. I think I am being framed by those who will be jealous of me winning The Feste Award Third Class with Pam Cluster eventually after TMF recovers the data from the backup disks I missed.

MichaelR

Deeply hurt that anyone would think I would stoop this low. Makes me want to go back again and really do a good job of it. That is, if I was the one who did break in.

Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us