The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Two questions for a self-employed friend Date:  4/18/2003  4:20 PM
Author:  irasmilo Number:  65098 of 131788

Out of curosity I checked TurboTax's website. It is not obvious information on the website but as Ira stated, TurboTax does handle amended returns. Each years product is capable of handling amended returns for that year. If amended returns are to be filed for 2000-2002, then all 3 years of TurboTax are needed.

This isn't correct. Any year's program can prepare a 1040X for that year or earlier years. As I posted before, the process can be tricky if you don't have the original return in a TurboTax data file. You should be certain you understand the process of preparing an amended return well enough to know whether the program is preparing it correctly or not.


Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us