The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Two questions for a self-employed friend Date:  4/18/2003  6:28 PM
Author:  vkg Number:  65100 of 129990

<<This isn't correct. Any year's program can prepare a 1040X for that year or earlier years. As I posted before, the process can be tricky if you don't have the original return in a TurboTax data file. You should be certain you understand the process of preparing an amended return well enough to know whether the program is preparing it correctly or not.

Ira >>

I should have checked additional links on the website. You are correct. It is possible from any version. It is only strongly recommended to use Turbo Tax for the correct year.

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us