The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Two questions for a self-employed friend Date:  4/22/2003  2:01 PM
Author:  lorenzo2 Number:  65139 of 130961

Every program I've ever used handles amended returns the same way:

1. Create a correct return.
2. Open the 1040-X and input the numbers from the original return.

It's not often that I disagree with Phil Marti, but that's not the way TaxWise (the program that many TCE/VITA sites use) works!

TaxWise does amended returns like this:

1. Create an incorrect return.
2. Open the 1040X and check a box to lock in those numbers.
3. Go back to the return and fix it.
4. Return to the 1040X - all the numbers are now there, and all that remains is to add narrative text to the second page.


Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us