The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/a-had-a-lot-of-friends-who-had-kids-when-they-were-19062810.aspx

Subject:  Re: To Procreate or Not Date:  5/18/2003  2:25 PM
Author:  sykesix Number:  107714 of 888931

A had a lot of friends who had kids when they were young (early 20's) while I remained childless. I had variations of the same conversation with each of them, some multiple times. Basically, they'd say: I love my kids, wouldn't trade them for anything. But it was a huge mistake to have them. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Probably some of that was normal frustration bubbling over. But I've heard it a lot, and continue to hear to this day.

I noticed this especially for people in their late 20s and early 30s. You're done with college so you're working and have a bit of cash for the first time, yet its still really fun to have big parties or go camping with a big group of friends for the weekend. And go out and see bands or even a movie. The couples with kids didn't get to do any of that. Or if they did they felt guilty as hell.

Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us