The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Using Mom's money Date:  6/12/2003  8:38 AM
Author:  JLC Number:  36523 of 90502

Another idea, may or may not work. If you or you MIL own property you could possibly do a 1031 exchange. Essentially, sell your property and use the proceeds to by new property. It doesn't avoid taxes but delays any taxes due until the new property is sold.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us