The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Products & Services / Online Banking

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/best-way-to-resolve-netbank-issue-19235898.aspx

Subject:  Best way to resolve Netbank issue? Date:  6/24/2003  11:26 PM
Author:  vdubgeek Number:  18184 of 24357

I'm a former customer of Netbank, having closed my checking account & overdraft loc in January of this year. As of June, Netbank is still reporting my overdraft line of credit as being open to the 3 credit agencies, even though I closed the account in January. I've tried contesting the account status with the credit agencies, but they are indicating that this account is being reported actively by Netbank as an active account.

I've called Netbank on multiple occasions, each time the phone rep I spoke to confirmed that the account was in fact closed. I wrote Netbank in April, asking that they report the account as closed to the credit agencies and confirm to me in writing that they've done so.

2 months later, I've not received any sort of response from Netbank, and my account is still listed as open on my credit reports. I've filed a complaint with BBB, but I'm wondering what other methods can I use to force them to report this account correctly.

Would it be appropriate to contact the States Attorneys Office regarding this issue? Any tips or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us