The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Self-Employed Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/sol-19255316.aspx

Subject:  SOL? Date:  6/29/2003  1:16 AM
Author:  ChristiTX Number:  7765 of 15018

I'd like to hear opinions on a problem my DH has run into with a company he was subcontracting for. This company (ETP Inc.) had a contract with the federal government to provide psych. services. He was doing a few hours a week for a few months. Before any paycheck arrived, he was informed ETP was "sold" and another company (Danya) has been awarded the contract. Danya has made good on paying for current work hours, but the hours under ETP have still to be paid.

He received a letter last week from an individual (owner of ETP?) warning that the involvement of attorneys and lawsuits will further delay payments, and that there are hopes of "beginning payments" in about 6 months of 50 cents on the dollar.

The local Wage and Labor office says as he was not a regular employee there is nothing he can do, short of hiring a lawyer. As the amount owed is only around a thousand, it seems not worth the trouble. However, as the "CFO" of the household, I'd like to see a better return than the tentative 50%. Argh.

Any ideas?

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us