The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Diabetic Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/questions-about-diabetics-19286225.aspx

Subject:  Questions about Diabetic's Date:  7/6/2003  7:16 PM
Author:  blueberryhill Number:  120 of 2843

Hi, just found this board and have a few questions.
I am not diabetic, however, I do have low blood sugar. My SO is diabetic. Both of us have problems with our feet burning when we walk very much. Usually when he checks his sugar at those times his sugar is high. Do any of you have this problem?
The dr. started SO on pills for the condition but I hate taking pills and have put both of us on a diet and the blood sugar stays right where it is supposed to be unless we cheat. We actually only cheat about once a week. What I am telling you this for is because I am looking for more recipes to make that won't cause the sugar to go up and was hoping to get some ideas from you folks. We eat brown rice, lots of veggies but not the high sugar ones like corn. We eat beef, chicken, veal but no pork. We eat only rye bread and very little of that. I can't think of any good desserts, which SO loves, except sugar free puddings. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks.....blue
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us