The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Diabetic Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/generally-speaking-there-are-two-immediate-19286901.aspx

Subject:  Re: Question ?? Date:  7/7/2003  12:39 AM
Author:  FuskieFool Number:  123 of 2843

Generally speaking, there are two immediate conditions a person with diabetes might encounter. The first is hypoglycemia, where blood sugars go through the roof. I am not sure of the symptoms, but I seem to recall severe fatigue as being one. The other is hyperglycemia, where blood sugars drop below 70. The body can go into shock and convulsions, leading to coma and death. For that reason, people with diabetes often carry something with some sugar in it (candy, etc) and have an identification bracelet with instructions for how to treat someone who goes into shock.

Of course, I could be completely wrong on this, as it is late and just got back from driving 300+ miles tonight. In short, if the vomitting was not due to drinking, it may have been from bad food. I had a home cooked burger yesterday and spent the evening on the john. On the positive side, I made some progress in my book. :-)
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us