The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Self-Employed Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/llc-vs-s-or-c-corporation-19315512.aspx

Subject:  LLC vs. S or C corporation. Date:  7/13/2003  12:23 PM
Author:  BuzzardLip Number:  7813 of 15019

Does anybody here have the knowledge or experience in what the difference's are between an LLC, an S-corporation and a C-corporation? I am looking to incorporate myself and after talking to a couple of accountants and attorney's, I am as confused now (maybe more so) than when I started looking into it.

From what I got from these discussions, the main drawback to an LLC is I would have to pay to place an announcement in the local newspapers in the legal section. However, if this is the only thing separating the LLC from an S-corp., I don't see it as being a major obstacle, especially if it meets my criteria.

I am looking to get protection from the great American past-time of suing for profit. One of the things I will be doing is computer repair and setup. I will be doing this mostly for individuals and small businesses. I will also be setting up a web site (at least one) for selling products and affiliate type sales.

If anyone feels they can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

I thank you in advance,

BuzzardLip

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us