The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Diabetic Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/omega-6-or-omega-3-oils-i-forget-which-omega-3-19375141.aspx

Subject:  Re: Something fishy Date:  7/26/2003  8:40 AM
Author:  nospam4me Number:  216 of 2868

Omega 6 or Omega 3 oils (I forget which).

Omega-3 polyunsaturated oil.

follow the money ... You can obtain them easily in liquid or capsule form at a Natural Foods grocer in your area

Talk about following the money!! Flaxseed oil is expensive and is best kept in the freezer [triply-unsaturated omega-3 oils are extremely vulnerable to oxidation AKA going rancid].

My solution: an ounce (1/8 cup, or a coffee measure) of flax seeds in my carbohydrate-bomb oat-bran breakfast [1/8 cup oats, 1/3 cup TVP, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, 1/8 cup flax seeds, 1/3 cup oat bran, 1 heaping teaspoon (5 g.) spirulina($$), 1 tsp molasses, and enough aspartame to stone a horse]. With luck, this breakfast can be eaten in two shifts, thus delaying the onset of first lunch for an additional 2-4 hours.

The thing that shocks me: the high carb content of oat bran. i was under the delusion that the stuff is mostly fiber; it's not. But it keep things moving more peacefully than wheat bran, it's more flavourful, and it likely reduces cholesterol.

cassandra

/**/
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us