The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/the-daughter-considered-helping-the-old-man-19673280.aspx

Subject:  Re: Repubs vs Dems Date:  10/6/2003  11:13 AM
Author:  tngirl74 Number:  126328 of 882495

The daughter considered helping the old man, after all, she was by now a partner in a law firm and making way more money than she could ever spend, but really, what kind of lesson would that set for her children, Ayn and Ayndrew Rand who were finally grasping the tough love/reap what you sow of "hey it's my money, and it ain't my fault you didn't plan better."

You can slam her all you want, but she has had a far greater impact on the WORLD of which you can merely DREAM.

You show a true ignorance of her philosophy. The daughter would not have consider it a sacrifice to assist her father.

Do you envy those willing to take responsibility for their lives? Do you envy the good for being good?

In your world, who pays the bills? The attitude of your post spits in the face of all those who have overcome the level of poverty to achieve success. I don't like someone spitting in my father's face.

tngirl

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us