The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/tngirl-im-so-terribly-sorry-i-offended-you-i-19673524.aspx

Subject:  Re: Repubs vs Dems Date:  10/6/2003  12:05 PM
Author:  MrsFourStarDave Number:  126348 of 882495

tngirl,

I'm so terribly sorry I offended you, I was attempting humor by making the liberal position as appealing and black and white as the conservative one Seattle Pioneer posted. Off topic, but his was, in my opinion, a cleaner piece of writing.

I am sure that partners in law firms have far greater impacts on the world of which I can only dream. I spent my life supporting myself and my late husband so that he could fulfill his tiny dreams of making people laugh (he was a stand-up comedian). I never made much money, devoted myself to my relationship and have not had any demonstrative effect on the world. Point taken.

I do not envy those willing to take responsibility for their lives and I do not envy the good for being good. I consider myself a very compassionate person who takes complete responsibility for my own life. Since my husband's death, I do not depend on anyone for my emotional support and I have not depended on anyone for financial support since I was 18 years old.

In my world, *I* pay the bills. I have supported myself for my entire life, and my husband for the 12 years we were married. I also support my cat.

I never meant to spit in the face of those of you who are rich, I respect that choice and admire your success. I don't know your father, but I assure you, I never meant a silly parody of what seemed an overstatement of the conservative viewpoint to be spitting in your father's face. Please accept my sincere apologies and my promise not to intrude on this board.

Regretfully and respectfully,
MrsFourStarDave, not nearly as funny as she thought she was
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us