The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ltlther-protagonist-and-villain-are-too-black-19673835.aspx

Subject:  Re: Repubs vs Dems Date:  10/6/2003  1:07 PM
Author:  SeattlePioneer Number:  126365 of 882495

<<Her protagonist and villain are too black and white and her philosphy of individualism is too simplistic. He novel didn't have any subtleties in message, driving home the message like with a repeated strikes of a bat on the reader's head.
>>

Judging from the number of hard headed liberals where the message never penetrated, it wasn't pounded home hard enough!

Personally, I'm "on strike" in ways and for reasons that are described in "Atlas Shrugged." High tax rates have caused me to sharply cut back my work efforts, and I estimate that as a result I will avoid paying taxes on a half million dollars in earned income over my remaining lifetime.

At marginal tax rates of more than forty percent including payroll taxes, that's a good chunk of money the government will never collect.

So I think there is a good deal of truth to be found in Ayn Rand's novels, even if you may not want to swallow them whole or consider them great works of fiction.

Seattle Pioneer
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us