The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/msfourstardave-i-never-meant-to-spit-in-the-face-19673991.aspx

Subject:  Re: Repubs vs Dems Date:  10/6/2003  1:33 PM
Author:  telegraph Number:  126369 of 882490

MsFourStarDave:
I never meant to spit in the face of those of you who are rich, I respect that choice and admire your success. I don't know your father, but I assure you, I never meant a silly parody of what seemed an overstatement of the conservative viewpoint to be spitting in your father's face. Please accept my sincere apologies and my promise not to intrude on this board.

Oh, I think you take the comments here too seriously...we have fun poking fun at folks who espouse the 'I'm entitled' line.....since most of us, like you, have taken responsibility for our education, financial success, and choices in life. Things don't always turn out the way we want, but we 'bounce back' from what has happened, and don't expect "Uncle Sam" to be constantly bailing us out, holding our hand, etc. And we face problems in a financially responsible manner, living within our means.

Likely, most here are a bit sensitive, and tired of those promoting 'wealth tax', take from the rich, 'they already have too much and I'm entitled to some of it!' and similar threads...so when you posted your parody, you prompted a response.....

Not to worry...without some lively reparte, the board would go the way of the dinosaurs.....

So welcome to the REHP....and don't get flustered when a zinger comes your way.....twasn't personal, just a zing on the subjectj being discussed...... <grin>

Telegraph

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us