The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Books & Writing / Aspiring Writers

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/re-mrsfsd-quoti-doubt-ill-finish-i-rarely-19679689.aspx

Subject:  Re: It's that time of year again..... Date:  10/7/2003  4:20 PM
Author:  SRHCB Number:  2425 of 4871

RE: MrsFSD: "I doubt I'll finish, I rarely finish anything I start (not limited to my writing projects) but I'm registered, I sent my $10 and I've already been in a flame"

I signed up last year but couldn't get started. Some jerk filed their whole 50,000 words the first day, which rather offended my sensibilities, and I had some business deals pending that could have taken up a lot of my time, so I just let it go. (I did have a damn neat title though!) I can sit down and crank out a thousand words, no problem, as long as I don't have to. I just have no self-dicipline.

I've been visiting the site the past week or so and checking out their Discussion Boards, thinking that might inspire me. About all I came up with there was one good line: "Yeah, well I didn't have talking dogs I just wrote drunk."

Now that's my style!

SB (got the storytelling part down pat, its the transition to writing that hangs me up)

Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us