The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/heh-heh-hearing-the-dems-complain-about-19683097.aspx

Subject:  Re: Repubs vs Dems Date:  10/8/2003  11:08 AM
Author:  golfwaymore Number:  126689 of 882490

Heh, heh!™ Hearing the Dems complain about excessive government spending and deficits is a reral knee slapper. It merits a vote for the Republicans next year for that reason alone!

If memory serves, it was Bush who just asked for $87 billion to pay for his Iraqi adventure. And it's not the top 1% he's asking to pony up that amount, either.

I believe that in time, and down through history, Republicans will resent W because he has effectively cost them the banner of fiscal responsibility.

It's really bad when Democrats can run under that same banner and the crowd can keep a straight face. I never thought I'd see it in my lifetime, to be honest.

I've only voted for Republican presidential candidates in the past, and if I had my 2000 vote over, I'd still vote for Bush; right person, right time. But barring some miracle, there's no way I will vote for him in 2004, his time is over.

I think there's a "silent majority" in the country that is coming to that same conclusion.

Golfwaymore

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us