The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / The Sausage Factory

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/the-first-time-19749411.aspx

Subject:  The first time Date:  10/23/2003  1:04 AM
Author:  AlsoChorizo Number:  1360 of 15861

Here's a recap of those interested...

Let me start by saying I went up with two expectations; first to get one good laugh, and second to do at least four minutes on stage. I did pretty well even though I blanked at first. I got two applause breaks and a number of smaller "rolling" laughs. The Emcee told me he thought I did about 5 1/2 minutes but after timing my tape (my material only) it was about 4 1/2 minutes.

So I met both my goals. I had a number of people (and we're talking regular audience members) tell me they really enjoyed my set. Also, a number of my comic friends took time to tell me they thought I did very well for my first time and that it was better than they expected I would be (which I find very encouraging). I also received a number of phone calls (mostly messages) sending me encouragement beforehand, inquiring how it went, or telling me they had heard I'd done well. Thanks to everyone for their support.

So to say the least - it went well. I had fun with it and my next up is Monday next week.

AC *now to expand on my material*
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us