The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / The Great Foolish North

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-came-to-canada-in-may-this-year-on-a-19794029.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Ant & the Grasshopper Date:  11/1/2003  12:42 PM
Author:  Bakulesh Number:  1100 of 8874

I came to Canada in May this year on a "PR" visa. I am IBM Mainframe programmer with more than 10 years of experience with more than 4 years of US experience. I am also told that without Canadian work experience I will not get work in Canada. That came as a rude shock. We are talking about software. Is not USA Mecca of software industry? I thought experience in USA would be counted as comparable to similar experience in Canada. But apparently no!

Now I am going back to India (my home country). Whose loss is it? Certainly mine because I am poorer by several thousand CDN. But also Canada's. Because I am confident that I will get a decent job in India. I will probably also get another chance to work in USA.

On the mukluk's story:

There are no spiders. There are some grasshoppers who look, sound and behave like a spider. There are some ants who look, sound and behave like a spider. Unless if I have got your symbolism wrong. I do not understand the symbolism mukluk uses. Why instead of using symbolism make any comment you like about modern times in terms of modern concepts? That way you have better chance of being understood.

-Bakulesh
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us