The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  401(k) to Traditional IRA? Date:  11/2/2003  11:34 AM
Author:  bwtaylor4582 Number:  37661 of 104256

The Problem: Does anyone know of a way - legal, mind you :) - to roll over the money from a 401(k)into a Traditional IRA without having to pay taxes on the principal and growth in the 401(k)?

The Situation: I'm trying to take my father's ~$96,000 away from a 401(k) that is bringing him 2% returns in the year-to-date and put it into an IRA that he can actively manage.

Suggestions: Any suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks for the help!

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us