The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/mmmmm-100k-that-will-be-one-really-happy-dance-19808315.aspx

Subject:  Re: Positive net worth! Date:  11/4/2003  8:05 PM
Author:  Broknomo Number:  172746 of 312572

Mmmmm $100K! That will be one really happy dance!

I owe it all to the Fool. Before I started lurking around these boards, I was paying off my debts, but in a casual, 100 bucks here and there way. After I used up my free month's subscription I bought Quicken (Not the newest version. 2002 version for $5. I was learning fast!) and started writing down expenses. After the first month I sat back astonished. I was spending $300 a month eating out! That was not including $150 on groceries. From then on it was lunch from home for me.

I have discovered the sweet pain of removing a large fraction of my salary away from sight as soon as possible. I am enjoying the process of waiting until I have paid off my cousin before going off to buy a car, even though I have a FICO good enough for a car loan. Until then I am reading up on everything I can find on the Net about inspecting and buying used cars.

It is a whole new life for me.
BNM
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us