The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Foolish Elves - Acts of Kindness

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/re-ez3-quotsports-equipment-is-fine-but-i-19869364.aspx

Subject:  Re: Dear Fellow Elves.......... Date:  11/18/2003  10:13 AM
Author:  SRHCB Number:  1834 of 3131

RE: ez3: "Sports equipment is fine, but I know there are some fellow Fools who are more interested in the education/literacy side of the issue."

I guess anything to do with schooling can be promoted as an education or literacy issue, but the problem with doing anything on such short notice, via such an indirect medium as emails and discussion boards, is that there just isn't enough time to get too specific, and anything effort undertaken in the right spirit will produce good results.

(ie: I'm sure that if end up with "too many" backpacks a neighboring school district would gratefully accept any "surplus")

I'm still waiting to hear back from Leapfrog, Inc., (and I'm either a little disappointed it's taking them so long, or encouraged that they might be considering participating), since my personal preference would be the donation of some their educational products to the school either for classroom use of library availability.

If this doesn't work out, I can always just make a cash donation, and suggest that anyone else who's conflicted about how to help just consider doing the same.

SB (cash might be a rather "cold" gift, but it's never refused)

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us