The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Foolish Elves - Acts of Kindness

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/website-other-thoughts-19870059.aspx

Subject:  website / other thoughts Date:  11/18/2003  11:54 AM
Author:  scollywaltz Number:  1837 of 3131

wow. seems the project has changed drastically in the last day or two. i had created a website that would track what jeff has received, so that everyone could see the gaps and donate accordingly. i am checking into having it hosted right now; but i can see the site will need to be modified quite a bit. that's not a problem.

however...with the specific wishlists being posted now, we may need something more along the lines of the "roll call" thread earlier. we don't need 30 people buying the same thing on the kintergarden wishlist, and the science list (or whatever) being neglected. should we perhaps consider restricting donations to $$? **i think we need to have a discussion and come to some sort of conclusion/agreement about a plan of action soon.** otherwise, confusion will just grow and we'll lose people.

i have already gone out and purchased 20 books, fiction, that i thought would make for good reading at various age levels; and i'm still going to send these. i would encourage anyone to still consider sending their fav book(s), in addition to books on the wishlist, because i remember loving to read as a kid...but not always the books that were suggested or assigned in class.

well, waiting with interest to see what is decided,
scolly
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us