The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Self-Employed Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ltlt-and-while-you-may-have-a-lot-of-19928078.aspx

Subject:  Re: Lawn Care Date:  12/1/2003  1:37 PM
Author:  SeattlePioneer Number:  9157 of 15031

<<. And while you may have a lot of software-related configurations and fixes to do, the majority of people will not understand why they paid $500 for a computer and then have to pay $100 for two hours of training or fixing. After all, you don't buy a car and then pay for driving lessons. I think it would be better to cater to small businesses, but you run into the same problems. I would need at least 20 hours of work each week at $50 per hour just to start to make it worth the time. Given the above circumstances, I don't think you'd get much repeat business either... of course, I could be totally off base with my observations. Anybody else is free to chime in.
>>

I've often thought that putting together home networks for people and small businesses would be a way to make money. That's a feature that is becoming increasingly useful but is too complex for many to master.

Seattle Pioneer
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us