The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hi-fools-thanks-for-your-thoughts-however-i-19984831.aspx

Subject:  Re: Partners of Different Ages Date:  12/11/2003  9:38 PM
Author:  MTBer Number:  38171 of 95238

Hi, Fools! Thanks for your thoughts. However, I need to throw a bit of a wrench in the mix.

We are both women. :-)

Therefore, the idea of our life spans equaling out based on gender alone is out of the question.

So, can we start over?

<<If she has not saved anything then determining investment risk is way down the road after creating a budget, identifying areas for savings, etc..... Not to sound harsh but I've already been down that road>>

Nope. It doesn't sound harsh at all. I appreciate you saying this. It is so very true. I thought it may have been harsh too, when I told her how important this issue was to me when choosing a life partner (I mean, come on, retirement is just WAY too important). So, things have changed. She sees the usefulness of it, and has begun saving in her retirement plan, sets a certain amount of money aside per pay for our house savings, etc. But, yes, I agree with you.

Looking forward to everyone's thoughts.

-MTBer

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us