The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / Recipes/Cooking

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/heres-my-situation-i-know-the-kitchenaid-20046538.aspx

Subject:  Re: Hand vs. Stand Mixer? Date:  12/23/2003  6:45 PM
Author:  amg2 Number:  31828 of 56677

Here's my situation.... I know the Kitchenaid Stand Mixers are great, but I know this would be an appliance doomed to not much use and cluttered counters.

So I'm thinking of getting a Kitchenaid hand mixer instead, which sounds like it would be more powerful than my current hand mixer.

This would help keep my counters clean and hopefully give me more power than my current setup.

Do you think it will work? I am not a huge baker, but occasionally like to make cookies, cakes etc. etc. etc.

KBecks

I used a hand mixer for many years before recently buying my KA stand mixer. The thing I always hated about the hand mixer was that my hand and arm would die out before I finished mixing. There were things I just refused to make because of this (whip cream and merengue for example) because I couldn't hold the mixer that long.

I don't have much counter space and I'm not a big fan of counter-top clutter either, but in this case I'll make an exception!!

YMMV!

Anna
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us