The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Buying and Maintaining a Car

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/arent-you-at-least-somewhat-concerned-about-the-20139243.aspx

Subject:  Re: Fun at the Auto Show Date:  1/12/2004  1:36 PM
Author:  DuckVersion8 Number:  30495 of 74097

aren't you at least somewhat concerned about the combinatin of ford vehicle+relatively trouble prone ford+hybrid?

Call it being idealistic. Just hoping that the Big 2.5 get their act together and make hybrids more mainstream and quickly. Bob Lutz, of GM, suggests that Toyota is going about it all wrong. They'd get more bang for the buck if they took the hybrid and put it in the cars/trucks that need the most improvement in fuel economy first, like SUV's and trucks, not little cars. GM is probably going to have hybrids in their pickups and SUV's first. As for Ford, they've announced the hybrid Escape longer than Toyota has been about their Highander. Does that mean that Ford's is better? No, I just hope everybody makes the switch to hybrids and improved technologies soon. This is a significant change in automobile technology and I personally think I can afford to help be a "guinea pig" for car companies to learn how to make a good hybrid.

I also have masochistic tendencies, but hey....

Duck

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us