The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / Buying and Maintaining a Car

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/great-article-but-since-i-own-a-jeep-liberty-i-20163301.aspx

Subject:  Re: Fun at the Auto Show Date:  1/16/2004  11:13 AM
Author:  DuckVersion8 Number:  30700 of 73997

Great article but since I own a Jeep Liberty I must reply to the statement of "No rear seat room.". ... How much room you need is totally subjective but I don't ride in the back and neither does my wife.

I'm 6'2", MrsDuck is 5'10". The problem is where either of my two kids have to sit behind me, which is all the time. Instead of having feet planted on the floor, they're about halfway up the seat and there has to be enough room between the front seatback and the front edge of the backseat bottom cushion. So by the time I adjust the front seat to where I fit and I'm comfortable, the front seatback may be too close to the rear seat, as it was in the Liberty.

There were MANY cars that looked like my situation would fit, but as soon as I moved the front seat back, two cars, the VW Jetta and the Ford Focus, were such that there was only two inches between the front seatback and the rear seat cushion. So I have to look and test a lot of cars.

Duck

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us