The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools


Subject:  Re: Funding Care for My Mother Date:  2/26/2004  7:52 PM
Author:  kathleenk Number:  9029 of 23025

To Cliff666 -

There are lots of alternatives to nursing homes for people like your mother. To get you started, do a search on Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs) in Texas. Also check the state Department of Health, or whichever department licenses retirement and nursing homes. Some states publish lists of the faciltities they license on their web sites. She will still take persuading, but moving to a place where somebody else does the cooking and makes sure you show up for a meal once a day is not the same as a nursing home.

Good luck
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us