The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Well on Less

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hunzi-inquires-wait-was-that-the-post-about-the-20521852.aspx

Subject:  Re: Huh? Date:  3/22/2004  9:59 AM
Author:  tmeri Number:  452 of 1917

Hunzi inquires:

Wait, was that the post about the cheap art posters?

Posters, yes, cheap art, no. ;-)

it's always possible someone just complained it was "advertising or soliciting".

The reason given by TMF was "incorrect board." The ban on advertising or soliciting applies to all boards, so that does not line up.

Besides, it clearly wasn't an advertisement. And it certainly wasn't soliciting; I could care less whether anyone buys something. I was making people aware of something I had found that I thought was a really good deal. That happens all over TMF.

If someone complained about that, they need to get a life.

And perhaps TMF needs to use a little more caution about pulling a post just because someone complained. Sure, the complainer is happy now, but some of the rest of us are having to deal with the consequences, trying to figure out what is acceptable and what is not. Doesn't it seem likely that pulling that post will have a negative impact on people posting now? If they are going to pull the post, they need to clarify at the same time so that people can know what is allowed. Otherwise, people may be reluctant to post because the rules are not clear.

- tmeri
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us