The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Private / Foolish Feedback

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-believe-your-new-idea-is-completely-absurd-it-20592381.aspx

Subject:  Re: Fool X-Treme Visa! Date:  4/5/2004  10:20 AM
Author:  tgnabors Number:  176 of 190

I believe your new idea is completely absurd. It has already been proven that most adults can not properly handle their credit cards, so what make you think that teens can? I have 2 teens, one 15 and one 19. The 15 yr old has NO BUSINESS having a credit card. The 19 yr is now in college and yes has a credit card with a $500 limit for which I co-signed his senior year in high school. The problem is that parents are not teaching their children how to properly use the financial tools to them. Once again, maybe it is because they don't know how to use the tools themselves.

By the way, if my 15 yr old gets a credit card and "promises, promises, promises" to pay the bill when it comes, but as teens do forget or just don't do it, who is responsible? (Are you accepting the my parental responsibilities for me and covering the bill? - Thank-you) Most teens today have no responsibilities and are completely obivious on how to manage money. Don't you know where money come from? Yes, it grows on trees. (From Mom and Dad)

Just my opinion.
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us