The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Food & Drink / Recipes/Cooking

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/using-quotegg-ringsquot-20782534.aspx

Subject:  Using "Egg Rings" Date:  5/18/2004  9:59 AM
Author:  Bonhoeffer Number:  34218 of 56677

I'm back. Another "how the heck do you do that" sort of question.

Recently i've developed a fondness for making "Bacon Egg & Cheese McMuffins" at home. English muffins.

I did it a few times just cracking the egg into a small skillet and frying freeform. But of course, the egg spreads to a larger diameter than the muffin, so you end up having to fold it over and one side of the muffin has more egg than the other yadda yadda. I wanted something a little neater.

So i was walking through a kitchen type store and noticed a set of two stainless steel egg rings for 3 bucks. Not bad, what do i have to lose? So i picked em up.

Well, apparently they aren't as simple as they would appear at first glance. I tried to use one a couple days ago, and it was a miserable failure. I heated the skillet to about medium with the egg ring in the center. Once it was hot, i broke the egg and dumped the contents into the ring. After most of it was cooked, i wanted to flip it and finish cooking the other side.

It broke into many pieces when i tried to flip it, and large bits stuck to the side of the ring. So much for a neat little circle of fried egg.

What did i do wrong? Will it help if i spray the ring with cooking spray? Can it not be flipped it all? Is there a trick to this?

Thanks!

Bon
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us