The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Hobbies & Interests / Crafty Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/well-i-mananged-to-throw-the-tension-out-on-20845645.aspx

Subject:  Re: Damn! Bobbin snafu Date:  6/2/2004  11:48 AM
Author:  zsimpson Number:  2805 of 7394

Well.... I mananged to throw the tension out on the new bobbin! It never occurred to me that sewing through 3/8" of fabric+batting in stretch stitch (which I was advised to use for strength) would tighten up the bobbin tension. Fortunately, it doesn't show much (nobody will notice unless I point it out). Unfortunately, that means I have to sort out the tension myself!

Congrats on getting your baby back! I couldn't imagine the withdrawals I'd go through if all my machines died. BTW, have you checked the thread itself? I recently had a problem with thread. I broke 4 needles, and it kept getting caught in the bobbin, too. I couldn't figure out why because I have several spools of this thread and it's always worked great before, it's from Coats & Clark, so it's not garbage thread. I just couldn't figure it out. Then I changed the thread and bobbin to a different spool (same color, brand, etc.) and it worked fine. I still have no clue why I had such a problem with the thread, but it's in the trash now.
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us