The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Federal Tax Lien Date:  7/6/2004  12:09 PM
Author:  topunicorn Number:  72453 of 131228

Peter is right. The first thing you need to do is contact the IRS, and show them that you own the house, your mother never owned it. The only way the IRS would do this intentionally, is if your mother made a transfer of the house to you, so that she could avoid having assets taken. If this is not the case, then the IRS should not be able to touch your house once you show them its yours.

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us