The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-the-advice-everyone-i-will-have-her-21104791.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bad 401(k) plan Date:  8/2/2004  8:19 PM
Author:  stan002 Number:  41841 of 96162

Thanks for the advice everyone. I will have her drop her contributions to the matched amount and we'll save the difference in a taxed account. I'll check on the vesting period for the match. We'll talk to them about switching to a better trustee, but I am not hopeful, as the other benefits they have are pretty crummy too - good benefits doesn't seem to be a priority for them.

Just so you have some context about that statement, this is a medical staffing/temp company. Most of their placements only work occaisionally or for a short time through them.

My wife has worked anywhere from 1/3 to full time through them for a hodgepodge of facilities for a year and a half. She has a full time position at a school starting in September, but she'll probably continue her relationship with them for some extra work now and then (mostly to keep her skill set broad and up to date).

Thanks again for the advice everyone.

Steve
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us