The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Well on Less

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/a-challenge-21165480.aspx

Subject:  A Challenge Date:  8/15/2004  2:48 PM
Author:  foolkath Number:  714 of 1911

It has been a challenge for me to RWOL

I had worked since before I was 13. I never had matching furniture. I didn't even have a mortgage for the last 5 yrs before retirement. I did make plans. I set goals. These goals came a reality. I retired Dec. 15, 2003 to Naples, Fl.

Well, it is August 2004. Boy, is retirement great! However, I have never lived so well. And the story of my retirement so far has been RWOM. M=more. I always knew, that if you saved early in life, that when you got older you could have those things you always wanted and went without. Well, I have savored the good life. I have not done without. But now I need to get serious. I want this retirement to last a life time.

I have set myself up for a more expensive life style, that is for sure. Naples can be a real challenge to RWOL. But I have been successful at other challenges in the past. I took a mortgage, cause rates were low and mortgage payments are much better here then rent.

I have now set new goals. I thought if I printed them here, I would have a better chance of sticking to them. I want to pay my mortgage off in 4 yrs. So I am here to learn ways to RWOL and maybe even add some new ideas.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us