The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Sports / Olympic Games

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/how-long-is-the-tape-delay-6-hours-a-day-or-21169687.aspx

Subject:  Re: Request in advance Date:  8/16/2004  2:44 PM
Author:  snippee Number:  195 of 1738

How long is the tape delay. 6 hours, a day or two?

Not exactly sure, but probably 12 hours or so.

Don't even get me started. I'm still mad that the Salt Lake games weren't shown on the West Cost in real time. (I had access to the wonderful CBC then, thank goodness, which showed events live. What a frickin' concept.)

NBC broadcasts the main stuff (tape delayed) at 8 pm Eastern and then re-broadcasts it at 8 pm Pacific, three hours later. (As best i can tell, the Central time zone gets the broadcast at 7 pm. I'm not sure if the Mountain broadcast starts at 6 pm with Eastern or 9 pm with Pacific.)

Tape delay is bad enough, but a tape delay of a tape delay? Ridiculous.

As much as i want to stay up and watch the late night stuff live, as well as watch the mid-day events, sorta live, i can't. Duty calls and i have to work. Grumble. Staying up until midnight each night might be pushing it!

I just wish they'd broadcast everything at the same time, like all big sporting events - the Super Bowl, the World Series, whatever. Just show the events at 8pm Eastern, 7 pm Central, 6 pm Mountain and 5 pm Pacific, supplemented by recaps and re-broadcasts where necessary.

*sigh* Like no one asked WonderPup about the men's basketball team, no one asked me about programming. So, i must ask for spoiler warnings - which, btw, everyone's doing a good job of providing! Thanks!

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us