The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Sports / Olympic Games

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/the-thing-that-gets-me-is-how-super-chopped-up-21169755.aspx

Subject:  Re: Request in advance Date:  8/16/2004  2:51 PM
Author:  RedFi Number:  196 of 1738

The thing that gets me is how super-chopped-up everything feels. NBC has decided that they won't let Olympic coverage on their sister channels (e.g. USA / MSNBC) compete with their prime-time coverage, which means that they are trying to smoosh a lot of events into a relatively small chunk of time. I was getting so frustrated with the swimming / gymnastics back and forth yesterday.

My other pet peeve -- the graphic for the next event (in the bottom-right hand corner of the screen) is HUGE. It obliterated so much of the screen that at times you couldn't see if the gymnast had stuck a landing or taken a step back. It's fine to have one of those floating graphics announcing the next event, but make it smaller. (I don't need to have video of someone swimming to let me know that swimming is coming up -- and I assume that the vast majority of Olympics watchers are not illiterate.)

Fi
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us